at Enoteca Italiana, Siena

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ristorante Mattia

Ristorante Mattia
atmosphere
The location was kind of weird, in the middle of a very residential area of San Benedetto del Tronto, though somewhat relaxing to be off the main drag of the beachfront.
The chef Marco Cameli, has a lot of potential, but just needs to work out a couple of things. 
#1 being service!
I’ll have to say that for 3 waiters and 1 semi-showgirl waitress, serving the 10 tables occupied, I had to pour every glass of wine for myself! 
I also didn’t care for the way the showgirl waitress was so disinterested in her job either. 
Blanc de Blancs
The coolest thing was the wine menu presented on an iPad! Pretty good selection of wines, some French, we selected a 2007 Blanc de Blancs from Cotes de Provence, Domaine Ott. 13,5% €45
gamberi rossi al curry
complimentary appetizer with shaved black summer truffels
millefoglie di spigola e rosé
I ordered 2 antipasti, carpaccio di spigola & agrumi, followed by gamberi rossi con curry.  The carpaccio was too thinly sliced, I couldn’t really taste the substance.  The curry shrimps were excellent! The wine didn’t quite hold up to the spiciness of the curry, but both were so good independently it didn’t bother me too much. The second coarse was a mille foglie di spigola with a Rosé from the same winery and appellation.
frittura di calamari e code di scampi

pacchieri di ? I forgot








seafood cocktail


All in all nice dining experience, but I don’t copy cats.  There were way too many references to Uliasse, who is an excellent roll model, but  originality and sincerity is always more appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment